• Image processing
• Dosimetry for teletherapy
• Dosimetry for brachitherapy
• IMRT Module (optional)
CAT3D shows isodose curves overlapped with the patient's anatomy for both computer tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MRI).
The image processing module allows the generation of sagittal, coronal or arbitrary space-orientated reconstruction and the dosimetry module generates the dose distribution related to any of these reconstructed plans.
For the generation of conformal beams, CAT3D generates digitally reconstructed radiographies (DRR) in beam eye view – BEV.
CAT3D's DRR can be generated by simulating diagnosis X-rays (similar to the simulator's in energy) or high energy X-rays (2 MeV) to obtain images like the simulator films' in the LINAC itself.
The 3D representantions in perspective are also among the product's resources and allow to fuse in space: anatomy, isodose surfaces and regions of interest defined by the user (ROI).
The dose/volume histograms allow a detailed study of how a region defined as a ROI is being achieved.
• IMRT Module (Optional, not included in the standard full version).
• Add dose distributions from several plans.
• Automatic image matching (without POIs).
• DVH for Brachytherapy planning.
• New model for head scatter factor, improving monitor unit calculations for very elongated fields.
• Multimodality image matching using Mutual Information Maximization. The image fusion module incorporated the state of the art method for image matching.
• For the multi modality image fusion, "Import ROI" was introduced, to import ROIs that were previously drawn in the other modality.
• Better model for correcting the scatter contribution from a pencil in heterogeneous materials.
• Improved access control to planning files, for using a central patient database with several CAT3Ds or simulator in a network.
• Shadowed Isodoses.
• Animated GIF generation when the export option is used for 3D animation.
• Dose-volume histogram, cummulative and differential.
• Support for photons and electron beams.
• Generation of Digital Reconstructed Radiograph (DRR) with the field orientation (BEV).
• Conformal beams supporting MLC and cerrobend blocks.
• Inhomogeneity correction based on the Hounsfield density, voxel by voxel.
• Collimator angle customization.
• Protocol information exported to an external file. Useful for interfacing CAT3D with other device or program, such as clinic database.
• ROI interpolation. If the anatomic structure being delineated shows little changes in successive slices, the user can draw one slice and jump other. After closing the whole ROI, the interpolation creates new ROI segments for the slices previously ignored.
• Creation of a POI centered in the ROI for the three main axis (x,y,z). Can be useful to locate a possible isocenter for the ROI.